“This lasagna, cooked entirely in the slow cooker, has become a classic at our house. And don’t be afraid to use uncooked pasta. It really works, you’ll see. Beware: Do not use precooked lasagna noodles for this recipe!” – Ricardo
Recipe taken from RICARDO
- 1 lb (454 g) Italian sausage meat, mild or spicy (about 4 links)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 oz (115 g) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 container 475 g ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the sausage, carrot, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the tomato sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with a layer of noodles. Feel free to break them, if necessary.
- Cover with one third of the meat mixture. Cover with 250 ml (1 cup) of tomato sauce and sprinkle with 75 ml (1/3 cup) of Parmesan cheese. Cover with a layer of noodles and add the ricotta cheese.
- Follow with a layer of noodles. Add one third of the meat mixture. Cover with 250 ml (1 cup) of tomato sauce and sprinkle with 75 ml (1/3 cup) of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with noodles and repeat with the remaining meat, 250 ml (1 cup) of tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. Finish with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours.