These are UNPRECEDENTED TIMES that we are experiencing, and after a long and hard talk amongst ourselves about navigating through this, we will remain open, but not quite as usual…
A few changes that we will be making are:
(1) We will be limiting the number of customers in the store at any given time
(2) We will be opening our second entrance to become the ‘IN’ door, with the South entrance becoming the ‘OUT’ door
(3) Upon entering you will be greeted by someone at the door who will ask a few screening questions, to be certain that you are feeling well and haven’t been traveling
- ANY PERSON WHO HAS TRAVELED ACROSS THE CANADIAN BORDER WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE STORE
- ANY PERSONS LIVING WITH AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS TRAVEL ACROSS THE CANADIAN BORDER WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE STORE
- ALL CUSTOMERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FOREHEAD TEMPERATURE READING BEFORE ENTRY. ANY PERSONS EXHIBITING SIGNS OF FEVER, RUNNY NOSE, WATERY EYES, ETC. WILL NOT BE GRANTED ENTRANCE TO THE STORE
- ALL CUSTOMERS MUST WEAR PROVIDED GLOVES WHILE IN THE STORE. MASKS ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED
- ALL CUSTOMERS MUST HAVE A SHOPPING CART TO ENTER AND EXIT THE STORE. ONE CART PER PERSON
- PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR TIME IN THE STORE , AS OTHERS ARE WAITING
- ONE SHOPPER PER FAMILY PLEASE
- ALL CUSTOMERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE A SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURE OF 6 FEET FROM EACH OTHER AT ALL TIMES
- NO PERSONAL BAGS OF ANY TYPE ARE ALLOWED IN THE STORE. SHOPPING BAGS WILL BE PROVIDED AT NO CHARGE
(4) Our staff will be wearing gloves and masks, and we will provide gloves to all, upon entry. Please do not remove the gloves until shopping is complete.
(5) Until further notice, the customer washroom will be closed (plan ahead please)
(6) Our café is now closed for the foreseeable future.
(7) We will continue with pick-up curbside service but our system will change a wee bit. If you have access to e-mail, we encourage you to send your order to either [email protected] or [email protected] Orders must be submitted before 4:30 pm to be eligible for next day pick-up. Anything sent after 4:30 pm will be pushed to next available day. We will look over your order and give you a call to confirm and ask for method of payment as well. Once your order is completely processed the following day, we will give you a call at the number provided to let you know it is ready for pick-up. We will set up the 5 parking spots to the South of the store for pick-up only, and we will number the spots. When you pull in, note the spot number and call. We will then bring the goods out to you. There will be a small fee for orders under $100.
(8) Local home delivery is also available at no charge on local orders of $150.00 or more, with a nominal charge for smaller orders. Again, if you have access to e-mail, we encourage you to send your order to either [email protected] or [email protected] Orders must be submitted before 4:30 pm to be eligible for next day delivery. Anything sent after 4:30 pm will be pushed to next available day. Once your order is ready, we will send it our with Evan and our delivery staff at our earliest convenience.
Please have a “Plan B” and keep an open mind as some items have become limited/out of stock. Please think ahead and call/e-mail in advance as we are looking at about 24-48 hour pick-up/delivery wait time.
(9) We will be changing our hours: OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK FROM 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
There will most likely be a few shortages in the store, and I see some produce prices have taken a jump, but mostly things are calm. We consider it an honour that you would trust us with your orders, and you have my word that we will deliver the best that we have. We have been blessed with the most loyal clientele and staff that any store could wish for, and Cathy and I, and our staff, ask your patience and forbearance as we move along this road. I believe that we will prevail, and as Karen and Linda just told me, we still have to live our BEST LIVES!
Thanks for your support and cooperation – Evan MacDonald