The Village Grocer follows guidance and health policies from the Government of Canada, Ontario Provincial Government, York Region and the City of Markham.
Please note the following policies prior to entering the store.
- We will be limiting the number of customers in the store at any given time.
- We also only allow one shopper per family. Please be mindful of your time in the store as others are waiting.
- All customers will be subject to a forehead temperature reading before entry. Any persons exhibiting signs of fever, runny rose, watery eyes, etc. will not be grated entrance to the store.
- All customers will be assigned a shopping cart when entering the store. Customers must possess their cart at all times while in the store and exit the store with the same cart.
- A mask or face covering must be securely placed over both the mouth and nose of customers and staff at all times while in the store. Customers without a face mask may purchase one at the price of $1.00 each. Customers who cannot wear a face mask for medical or other reasons will be asked to consider curb-side service or register prior to entering the store.
- Customers must use provided sanitizer on their hands prior to entering the store.
- All customers are required to observe a social distance measure of 6 feet from each other at all times.
- Any persons who have traveled across the Canadian border within the last 14 days is not permitted in the store. Any persons living with an individual who has traveled across the Canadian border within the last 14 days is not permitted in the store.
- Until further notice, the customer washroom will be closed (plan ahead please)
- Our café is closed for the foreseeable future. However, we now have freshly prepared sandwiches and wraps available from Monday – Saturday to-go.
- Try and touch as little as possible in the store. This sounds like a strange thing to say and largely applies to our produce department. We take pride in having the best, freshest produce on our shelves, picking through our inventory, and culling anything that isn’t up to snuff so that you don’t have to. There’s no need to pick through everything on display to find the perfect one.
- And, reusable bags are now encouraged and available for purchase. We will be reinstating our $0.05 charge for plastic bags.
These policies will be 100% enforced by store management. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!